Asset management in their oil rigs was completely manually managed. There was no tool for recording the physical inventory as well as documenting the various safety checks that were required at specific frequencies on the assets. The certificate validity of the various assets and their maintenance was also tracked on spreadsheets. This made the process extremely time consuming, laborious and unreliable, hindering the company’s scaling plans.
NCompass, after detailed inputs from the client's business and functional teams, designed and built a bespoke application which encompassed the following features:
- Asset lifecycle management
- Utilisation – Mob & Demob
- Safety inspection & certification
- Spares & supplies procurement & tracking
- Resource allocation
- Certification validation
- Scheduling & deployment
A comprehensive web application mapping assets, warehouse and resource skills to ensure safe and efficient rig inspections was implemented.
The Asset management system improved and enhanced operational efficiencies. The system ensured that there were no restrictions of scale or distance. It helped oversee multiple locations from a centralised point and plan for timely inspections.
NCompass drove significant value additions during the development cycle in terms of helping in standardisation of defining assets and the various levels in which the assets could be managed. There was also a clear process ensured to import clean data into the application
The Asset management system NCompass implemented at SWACO improved and enhanced operational efficiencies in the following manner:
- Geographically distributed projects and projects that were ready to scale rapidly were no longer constrained, allowing the company to grow its operations rapidly
- It helped oversee multiple locations from a centralised point and plan for timely inspections
- NCompass ensured significant value addition during the development cycle in terms of helping in standardisation of defining assets and the various levels in which the assets could be managed
The successful implementation of the Asset management solution opened deeper engagement pathways with the client; we were awarded further contracts to automate procurement, vendor management and supply chain functions.